Saturday, November 13, 2010

Firefighters

Since the beginning of August, I've been drawing firefighters. Why? Well, my brother turns 40 this year and I wanted to give him something special for his birthday. Since he's a volunteer firefighter, I thought I'd paint a picture of him fighting fires. Below are some of my sketches that show the development of the final image which is shown at the bottom.

LOL - Just getting warmed up


Drew this with a stick


Quick pen and ink sketch


I considered doing a group portrait, but my attempts at that didn't go too well.


Just doodling here, but he kind of reminds of Gary Glitter.





I really like this drawing.


I like working across the pages in my sketch book.



Final image - 16 x 25 inch, ink wash drawing. I'm really pleased with this.

1 comment:

JJ said...

This is so good Esther.